Tuesday, September 15, 2009

We are settling into the routine of having a baby in the nicu. Jason has just started law school so his days are busy studying and going to class while I am working again. The one downside to my job is I just have to stay home. But I have worked a system to go to the hospital at the sevens: 7 am and 7 pm. They have me working with Noah to learn how to breastfeed. It is good for him to have a good break in between. Now he is taking a very little milk in. They have just started weighing him before and after to see how much he takes in. It is barely measurable. He still gets most of what he needs through a tube because sucking for him is like running several miles. It just wears him out so much. He usually falls asleep after just a short while. So much so that he's oxygen level drops after trying to eat. He is still on oxygen because of that.
But he is doing so good in other things. He doesn't need a ventilator. He no longer has to have an i.v. He is maintaining his temperature without a incubator. He is trying to eat with help and he is gaining weight regularly. I can already see that his hands and feet look a little bigger. I can't believe that he will be 3 weeks old tomorrow!

0 comments:

Post a Comment